Blue Monday is coming and we are all hungry, tired, cold and waiting for payday. Make sure you cook this recipe to help you make it through the week.
These relatively healthy cookies are soft, fluffly and thick, with a firm cake like consistency rather than the usually chewy oat cookies. They are made with milled organic flax, sunflower, pumpkin seeds and goji berries from Nutrenergy. Their health benefits include curbing cravings, fatigue elimination, support of healthy skin and a natural source of fibre. You can pick up milled seeds in your local health store and supermarket or, if you are in a rush just use rolled oats.
- 130g self-raising flour
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 100g butter (softened)
- 90g soft brown sugar
- 1 large free-range egg (or 2 small)
- 150g of your chosen milled seeds/oats
- 100g raw cocoa nibs or chocolate chips
- Mix together the flour, spices, baking powder, salt, butter and sugar.
- Next mix in the milled seeds 2 eggs and coca nibs
- Spoon the mix into tbsp. size balls and place on a baking tray at least 1.5 cm apart
- Refrigerate the balls for at least 20-30 minutes
- Heat the oven to 170c with the back of a spoon gently flatten the cookie into a thick disc (just one firm press in the centre should be fine). Bake for 10-12 minutes, the cookies will still feel delicate but will turn solid as they cool so make sure you don’t over bake them!
I hope you enjoy,