Today’s recipe is from Pistachio, Orange and Cranberry Biscotti from Sainsburys Cakes & Bakes -Everyday Recipes book. I tend to pick up this book when I am in the mood for baking but not quite sure what I want to make. It is full of great recipes that will further the skills of any amateur baker, the book consists of 6 chapters and some of my favourites from each chapter are listed below.
I can’t guarantee that I will post a blog for each recipe however this list is a little inspiration for anyone to may find it useful.
- Lemon and raspberry layered polenta cake with almonds
- Almond and orange cake
- Sticky lemon drizzle cake
- Orange and pistachio cake
- Genoise sponge
- Marble loaf
- Honey loaf
- Chocolate and orange pound loaf
- Oat raspberry and white chocolate muffins
- Apple and pecan muffins
- Lemon and poppy seed muffins
- White chocolate blondies
- Chocolate and nut brownies
- Hummingbird Slice
Biscuits and Cookies:
- Pistachio, orange and cranberry biscotti
- Almond Tuiles
- Carrot cake cookies
- Butter Shortbread
- Raspberry Soufflés
On to the good stuff!
Pistachio, Orange and Cranberry Biscotti
- 225g Self-raising flour
- 100g Caster sugar
- 100g shelled pistachios (or nuts of your choice)
- 50g dried fruit (cranberries)
- Zest of one orange
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Madagascan vanilla
- 50g butter/sunflower spread
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a flat baking sheet with non-stick parchment. In a medium bowl sift in the flour then add the caster sugar, nuts and dried fruits.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the orange zest, eggs, vanilla extract and butter. Fold the flour into the wet mix.
- Once combined tip out onto a floured surface. Gently press the mix together then cut in half and roll each half into a 20cm cylinder.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Cool slightly.
- With a sharp serrated knife, cut the cylinders at an angle into 2 cm pieces. Place back on the baking tray and bake for a further 20 minutes, turning half way through to brown both sides.
Put your feet up and enjoy with a coffee 😊
What do you want to know the recipe for next? Did you try this one? Let me know!