This recipe is super easy and really fast to make. The idea was to produce a sugar free option that didn’t lack flavour and I think these are it! I would describe their consistency as a fluffy scone – Post baking is the time to add your own toppings if you are after a sugary hit! I went for a drizzle of honey and pistachio butter, but they would work just as well with a lemon curd or a fruit jam of your choice.
- 12 muffin cases
- 1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk (your choice which type)
- ½ cup oil
- 1 large egg
- Heat the oven to 190c. Place muffin cases into a muffin tray and set aside. In a large bowl measure out all the dry ingredients
- Separately in a measuring jug add the milk, oil and egg. Whisk to combine.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and gently fold in the wet mixture. When all is just combined spoon into muffin cases.
- Bake – Middle shelf oven for 20 minutes until risen and golden brown.
Store in a cool dry place!