With so many left over sultanas from my Christmas cake I couldn’t resist whipping up some fluffy sultana muffins. Thankfully they’ve been an excellent desk snack helped fight the 3pm cravings! This recipe uses 100% pumpkin seed oil which adds a deliciously deep nutty flavour.
1. 250g self-raising flower
2. 1 tsp baking powder
3. 2 tsp cinnamon
4. ½ tsp mixed spice
5. 100g golden caster sugar
6. 2 eggs
7. 125ml milk (your choice)
8. 3 tbsp 100% pumpkin seed oil (or 3 tbsp sunflower oil)
9. 200g of mixed dried fruits of your choice.
10. Optional 50g glace cherries (chopped into the mix or place halves on the top of the batter once in the muffin cases to bake as decoration).
1. Heat the oven to 180c fan. Combine the flower, baking powder, spices and fruits in a large mixing bowl. Combine to cover all the fruits in the dry mix. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom whilst baking.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, and oil.
3. Fold together the dry and wet ingredients until smooth and combined.
4. Quickly spoon into muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes middle shelf
Quick and simple! Happy Baking,